Taking into account other conferences/meetings the meeting will take place at ESA-ESRIN in the week of 10-12th September 2007. These dates dovetail with the GLOBModel User Consultation to take place at ESRIN in the same week.
Outputs from the Meeting
Given the format of the meeting it is intended that the outputs will be:
- A meeting report as a rapid communication in EOS Transactions.
- A strategy paper generated by the convenors and technical committee with contributions from key individuals to be published in a major scientific journal (Global Change Biology, Climatic Change, Nature).
- A position/strategy document for discussion/action within the IGBP and associated programmes/projects and IPY.
- A forum for coordinating individual activities and allowing exchange between the AIMES modelling activities, the NHL science community and those in Earth Observation which will be activated following on from the meeting.
- Follow-on activities dovetailing with current modelling initiatives e.g. C4MIP focusing especially on modelling processes within the NHL and teleconnections affecting those processes. These activities will have as their objective ground-breaking scientific publications.
For directions, please use the following link.